Textured Treasures

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Joining the electronic Status Quo

OK....so I'm jumping on the band wagon - starting a blog. I doubt anyone in their right mind will ever read it, but here it sits.

I think I'm doing this more for myself to clean out some of the brain space - if I write things down then I don't have to think about them any more. Needless to say, my desk is covered with bits of paper and post it notes....that is, my desk at work. I've a day job you see, and I spend most of my day thinking about my other job - stitching.

I've been designing needlework under the Textured Treasures banner since 1997...it all started...naw, that's another day's rant. Anyhow - my brain is full of needlework designs, and I don't have a tenth of the time needed in a day to get them stitched, so most just go into a sketch book. Some ideas get put into file folders, and put away so that someday I can go back and say 'wow, that was a pretty cool idea, maybe I'll use that now'.

I'm also a student - finishing off my MEng at UW...at least I think it's an MEng. It was when I started, but somewhere in the middle of the program they changed the resultant degree to some stupid thing like MMSc (Masters of Management Sciences) or something like that. All I can say is that I'm glad next semester will be my last....just have two more exams and my final research to present and I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!

That doesn't mean I'll have more time to stitch - I'm a pretty adept procrastinator, so when I should be studying, I'm usually stitching, or charting or buying stuff to stitch with. I think I'm addicted....but I can stop anytime I want to, I just don't want to.

Anyhow - that's me for today...I have to figure out how this whole 'blog' world works.

Later,
K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home